Lions Club Steam Train Excursion
09/08/2015 - Malahide Train Station 10.50am
from MALAHIDE to DROGHEDA with a Guided Walking Tour of the Historic Town.
SUNDAY 9th August; depart 10.50, return by 17.00.
Proceeds in aid of the Drogheda Homeless Organisation
Tickets: Adult €20, Child €10 or Family Ticket €50 ( 2 ad + 2 ch)
Tickets available from ticket office Irish Rail, Malahide Station
15/08/2015 - Gannon Park Malahide
Up to 100 young people in Ireland die each year as a result of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome. Malahide United AFC will be hosting a cardiac screening day in Gannon Park on Saturday August 15th. They are encouraging all members of our community to avail of the screening.
Bookings can be made online at www.ameds.ie Click on the ‘book a Cardiac Sports Screening’ tab/link. The clinic code is: malahide
Anyone with LAYA is FREE but must make a booking too. Everyone else must pay the €65 fee which is tax deductible. Anyone with other health insurance may be able to claim a % back at the end of the year. Alternatively, individuals with no online access, can call 1890 300 333 to make a booking or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why undergo a Cardiac Screening?
• Up to 100 young people die each year in Ireland from Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS)
• 1 in 300 people may have a cardiac abnormality
• The national register recently reported that the incidents of SADS are higher in Ireland than many other European countries.
• In Italy cardiac screening is mandatory for anyone aged 12 to 35 years involved in competitive sport for the past 25 years. They have reduced the incidents of SADS by 89%.
• The GAA’s Medical Scientific and Welfare Committee and the International Rugby Board recommend cardiac screening for all players over the age of 14 years
• The European Society of Cardiology & the International Olympic Committee recommends cardiac screening.
• Heartaid’s service is based on the recommendations of the above named organisations.